Trial for Felony DUI
Los Angeles Felony DUI Court Process
A crucial part of your Felony DUI court process is your trial. This is most often a trial by jury, but you may request a court trial if you choose. During a court trial, a judge will hear the evidence and will make a judgement, rather than a jury.
If you have been charged with a felony DUI, the "Information" must be filed within 15 days of the date that you were "held to answer" at your preliminary hearing. Your trial must then begin within 60 days of the arraignment on the Information.
Your felony DUI trail will then proceed as follows:
- Your attorney (defense) and the prosecution will select a jury.
- The trial will begin with an opening statement from the prosecution and the defense.
- Both attorneys will directly examine their own witnesses and cross examine the other side's witnesses.
- Both attorneys will deliver their closing arguments.
- The judge will inform the jury of how to apply the information and facts they have heard to the law.
- The jury will deliberate and reach a verdict.
- The jury will deliver their verdict.
- The judge will determine your sentencing.
Los Angeles DUI attorney David D. Diamond has tried numerous DUI cases in California courts. He is experienced with all aspects of a felony DUI trial and has the presence of mind and the skill to effectively argue your side of the story - helping you secure a not guilty verdict.
Arrested for driving under the influence in Southern California? Contact Los Angeles DUI defense lawyer David Diamond today!
Free case evaluation available.
I've seen a lot of attorneys throughout my years, and I have to say you're one of the best I've seen.- Los Angeles Superior Court Judge, Compton Branch, Robbery-Gang Trial
Thank you so much for all of your help!- C.M.
I would like to thank you for your professionalism, dedication and favorable results in my case.- E. S.
I am sure glad that I had David Diamond on my side.- A.P.
Dave proved to be not only very competent but also very aggressive on my behalf.- Rob P.
DUI Dropped, Reduced to Exhibition of Speed .09 BAC
Reduced to Reckless Driving .12 BAC
DUI Dropped, Reduced to Exhibition of Speed .13 DUI
Set Aside, No Action Taken .14 BAC
DUI dropped, Reduced to Exhibition of Speed .14 BAC
DUI Dropped, Reduced to Exhibition of Speed .14 BAC
DUI Charges Dropped .14 BAC
Reduced to Exhibition of Speed, No Jail Time .14 BAC, Street Racing, Speeding (over 100 MPH), DUI
Reduced to Reckless Driving .16 BAC
Charges Reduced, No Jail Time .18 BAC/Third Time DUI