AN EXPERIENCED LOS ANGELES CRIMINAL DEFENSE TRIAL ATTORNEY
As a skilled Los Angeles trial lawyer, State Bar Certified Criminal Law Specialist, Adjunct Professor of Law, and former Police Commissioner, Mr. Diamond has experience handling cases involving all felony and misdemeanor offenses. He also has litigated asset forfeiture matters and civil trials. In fact, during a gang/robbery case in the Compton courthouse, the Judge called Mr. Diamond "one of the best I've seen."
He handled the matter dubbed by the media as the "Bling Ring"-- a case involving the burglaries of Los Angeles celebrities in 2008. Believing in second chances, Mr. Diamond also helps clients who have been arrested, charged, or convicted of a crime expunge their criminal records. He also helps clients who have been unfairly named in restraining orders to defend their rights and freedoms and also represents victims who are seeking protection.
Mr. Diamond has argued before the:
- District Court of Appeals, State of California
- Los Angeles Superior Court, Appellate Division
- Riverside Superior Court, Appellate Division
He has litigated thousands of felonies and misdemeanors and hundreds of restraining orders throughout the State of California. His top-tier abilities have been recognized in:
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Former Volunteer Temporary Judge
- Member, California Super Lawyers List
- SuperLawyer 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
He also serves as a Grade IV bar panel attorney, appointed and vetted by the courts to represent indigent defendants in the Los Angeles County Bar Association's ICDA program.
In his spare time, Mr. Diamond is a volunteer football and baseball coach and a member of the National Youth Sports Coaches Association.
WHAT IT MEANS TO BE "STATE BAR-CERTIFIED"
Attorney David Diamond is a State Bar Certified Criminal Law Specialist. This means that he has met the requirements to obtain such a certification set forth by The State Bar of California -- a certification that less than 4 percent of licensed attorneys have. Certified specialists have demonstrated a high level of competence in their specialized field of law by undergoing thorough evaluations conducted by a panel of experts in one of 11 areas of law and in 11 additional areas by the State Bar's certified partners.
Certified specialists are required to complete the following:
- Pass a written examination
- Provide favorable references from other attorneys and judges
- Complete a minimum of 45 hours of continuing education in their specialty field
- Undergo an inquiry by the appropriate Commission for any disciplinary actions for professional misconduct