Who Can Seek a Restraining Order?

Who May Seek Protection Under the Civil Harassment Restraining Order Laws

Any person who believes that they have suffered harassment may seek a TRO (temporary restraining order) and an injunction prohibiting harassment pursuant to CCP 527.6. The phrase "person" is limited to natural persons and does not include entities such as corporations or associations. If you believe you haved been a victim of civil harassment, you are advised to go to your local branch courthouse and seek protection. If you require additional information, please visit our website.