ATTORNEY PROFILE: DAVID D. DIAMOND
An Experienced Los Angeles Criminal Defense Attorney
As a skilled Los Angeles criminal defense lawyer, Mr. Diamond has experience handling cases involving a large variety of both felony and misdemeanor offenses. In fact, during a gang/robbery case in the Compton courthouse, the Judge called Mr. Diamond one of the
best criminal defense attorneys in Los Angeles.
Mr. Diamond has litigated over 3500 felonies and misdemeanors. In addition, Attorney David D. Diamond is also State Bar Certified Criminal Law Specialist and a founding partner at the firm, supervising the criminal defense and litigation division.
He handled the matter dubbed by the media as the "Bling Ring" case involving the burglaries of Los Angeles celebrities. He also represented a police officer charged with lewd conduct with a minor. Believing in second chances, Mr. Diamond also helps clients who have been arrested, charged, or convicted of a crime expunge their criminal records. Additionally, he is the only attorney in Los Angeles that concentrates on restraining orders.
Mr. Diamond has argued before the following:
- California State Appellate Court
- Los Angeles Superior Court Appellate Division
- Riverside Superior Court Appellate Division
He has also litigated cases throughout the State of California. His top-tier abilities as a litigator have been recognized in The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers and in the California Super Lawyers list— four times in the Rising Stars list and, most recently, in the main Super Lawyers list in 2016. He also serves as a Grade IV lawyer, appointed to represent indigent defendants from the Los Angeles County Bar Association's ICDA program.
David attended the SCALE program at Southwestern University School of Law, a 23 month accelerated and highly intensive learning program.(Law school normally takes 3-4 years). David then worked in the Los Angeles District Attorney's Office before joining the team at one of the nations' most prestigious trial firms, Lewis, Brisbios, Bisgaard & Smith. There he concentrated on litigation before joining a small boutique firm which handled criminal defense cases.
Prior to law school, he graduated from Michigan State University where he studied international relations and political science. He served as the Director of Legal Services, running a student financed law firm and defending students accused of misconduct. Chosen as the Student Leader of the Year, he has since vowed to serve the needs of all his clients. David was on the Dean's Academic Honor List and was a teacher prior to entering law school.
In the Classroom
Mr. Diamond teaches law students the art of trial advocacy. He has been a special lecturer on both evidence and confidence in the courtroom. He has coached trial advocacy/mock trial teams to compete in national competitions throughout the nation. Mr. Diamond is an Associate Adjunct Professor of Law at Southwestern School of Law in the Trial Advocacy Honors Program. He is also an Associate Professor of Criminal Justice at National University.
Attorney David Diamond is a State Bar Certified Criminal Law Specialist. This means that he has met the requirements to obtain such a certification set forth by The State Bar of California. (Less than 4 percent of the licensed attorneys). Certified specialists have demonstrated a high level of competence in their specialized field of law through evaluations conducted by a panel of experts in one of 11 areas of law and in 11 additional areas by the State Bar's certified partners.
Certified specialists are required to complete the following:
- Pass a written examination
- Provide favorable references from other attorneys and judges
- Complete a minimum of 45 hours of continuing education in their specialty field
- Undergo an inquiry by the appropriate Commission for any disciplinary actions for professional misconduct
Los Angeles criminal defense attorney David Diamond was published in the Valley Lawyer, a publication provided by the San Fernando Valley Bar Association, for an article entitled, "Medical Marijuana Overview: The Law and Its Ambiguities." The article summarizes the ambiguous laws surrounding medicinal marijuana, its uses and users, and the dispensaries that are continuously prosecuted.
View the article on pages 28-29 here: Medical Marijuana Overview: The Law and Its Ambiguities. He also wrote an article for Super Lawyer Magazine, 2010, entitled What Constitutes Driving for a DUI? And authored the writing in Valley Lawyer, January 2011," Criminal Law Year in Review" -
Click here to read.
Attorney David Diamond has been called upon as a guest speaker and legal expert for numerous media outlets, specifically on the high profile Zimmerman murder trial involving the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Florida.
To discuss the Zimmerman trial, David Diamond was a guest speaker on:
- Financial Survivor Network
- Amy Beth Arkawy Show
- The Think Tank (AM 870/FM 105.3)
- Newstalk AM 1470 in Tampa Bay
- America's Radio News
Attorney Diamond was also featured in Los Angeles, California on Fox 11 News where he discussed the George Zimmerman verdict.
In the Community
Mr. Diamond is also a volunteer football and baseball coach and a member of the National Youth Sports Coaches Association.
- Associate Adjunct Professor of Law, Southwestern University School of Law
- Adjunct Professor of Criminal Justice, National University
- Michigan State University: Bachelor of Arts;
- Southwestern University School of Law, SCALE Program (2 years): Juris Doctor
ADMISSION TO PRACTICE:
- State of California;
- Federal Court:
- Northern District of California
- Southern District of California
- Central District of California
- Eastern District of California
- 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
ORGANIZATIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES:
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice (Board of Governors)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Santa Clarita Valley Bar Association
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- California Public Defender's Association
- Ventura County Bar Association
- Legal Education Conference Center- Former Bar Grader
- Guest Speaker on Criminal Law - National Youth Leadership Forum
- High School Mock Trial Coach
- Former Vice President, Criminal and Juvenile Justice, American Bar Association-YLD
- Director, CACJ National Criminal Trial Advocacy Competition 2008-Present