Enhanced Penalty DUI Charges
Los Angeles DUI Lawyer
In California, if you are arrested for driving under the influence and were found to have a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .16% or higher, you may face enhanced penalties. Additionally, you will face enhanced penalties if:
- You refuse to take chemical tests to determine your blood alcohol level
- You caused an accident and injury (DUI with injury)
- You have violated probation for a prior DUI conviction
- You were speeding excessively (you were driving 30 miles per hour above the speed limit on the freeway or 20 mph over the limit on another road)
- You had a passenger under the age of 14 in the car with you
- You had any prior DUI convictions within the past 7 years
- You were driving very recklessly, showing an extreme disregard for the safety of others
Our Los Angeles DUI attorney understands what circumstances will qualify a driving under the influence charge to include enhanced penalties, and he knows what defenses are likely to work to help you avoid these additional penalties. As a long-time DUI defense lawyer, David Diamond has a thorough understanding of criminal law regarding driving under the influence, as well as what effects this charge may have on your driver's license.
Work with a Skilled Los Angeles DUI Attorney
By working with an attorney who knows what it takes to be effective in defending even enhanced penalty drunk driving charges, you can avoid harsh sentencing and may even be able to have your charges dropped altogether. When you have a high blood alcohol level or have any other circumstances which qualify your charge to receive enhanced penalties, you may face additional jail or prison time, larger fines and a longer driver's license suspension. Don't take a chance with your freedom and your driving privileges. Consult a skilled lawyer who can help you avoid these penalties.
Contact a Los Angeles DUI attorney